Legal Information Line
Members are provided with information and resources about laws and regulations that impact the practice of medicine. While physicians cannot be provided with individual legal advice, our health law information specialists will help you find legal information on a multitude of health-law related issues. For assistance, call CMA’s member help line, 800-786-4262 or email email@example.com.
Health Law Library
CMA’s online health law library contains over 4,500 pages of CMA On-Call documents and valuable information for physicians and their staff. Access to the library is free to members. Nonmembers can purchase documents for $2 per page. For assistance, call CMA’s member help line, 800-786-4262 or visit cmanet.org/resource-library.
- California Physician’s Legal Handbook
- Contract Analysis Service
- Patient-Physician Arbitration Agreements
- Advance Health Care Directive Kit
- Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment Kit (POLST)
- Managed Care Contracting Toolkit
- HIPAA Resources: ◦HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule Training Manual
- HIPAA Compliance Online Toolkit
- On-Demand Webinar: Practical Steps Practices can take to Ensure HIPAA Compliance