Sierra Community Medical Foundation
The Sierra Community Medical Foundation (SCMF) reaches out to hundreds of people each month in Placer, Nevada, Yuba, Sutter, and Colusa Counties. With the help of our partners, we seek to increase our uninsured and indigent community members’ access to education about healthier lifestyles.
SCMF operates on the goals of three programs. The Placer-Nevada Rx Drug Safety Coalition seeks to address issues involved with opioid safety and medication-assisted treatment access, including Naloxone. Our new physician wellness program provides opportunities for physicians to alleviate burnout and reduce stress. The Adverse Childhood Experiences, or ACEs, Coalition seeks to widen the use of screening for ACEs and to inform the public about the consequences of ACEs.
SCMF will serve individuals and their families, by providing trainings, prevention and health education, and workshops along with many other resources. SCMF will continue its work in collaboration with local hospitals, community organizations, law enforcement and businesses to provide treatment and medical services to those that may not otherwise be able to access care.
Our goals include the following:
- Increase the number of people who enroll in, or maintain, health care coverage
- Increase access to culturally competent, high quality health care providers and services for the underinsured and uninsured individuals.
- Offer alternative methods to help reduce opioid dependency.
- Offer health screenings to address addiction, dependency, and poor health disparities.
- Provide coalition and steering committee activities to residents of all counties involved.
Click here to like us on Facebook, and find us on Twitter (@CaScmf) and Instagram (@scmf.ca) too! For questions or to learn more about how you can get involved with SCMF, email us at email@example.com.