Sierra Community Medical Foundation
The Sierra Community Medical Foundation (SCMF) and the Medical Societies, currently reach out to hundreds of people each month in Placer, Nevada, Yuba, Sutter and Colusa Counties. Part of our work addresses the issues involved with opioid safety, medication-assisted treatment access, and health coalition membership through the Placer-Nevada Rx Safety Coalition. The uninsured and indigent communities need assistance in getting access to education about healthier lifestyles, and we are here to help with our partners. Our other services revolve around our new physician wellness program which provides opportunities for physicians to alleviate burnout and reduce stress.
In conjunction with programs that facilitate success in battling the effects of the opioid epidemic and physician burnout, SCMF will serve individuals, and their families, by providing trainings, prevention and health education, and workshops along with many other resources. SCMF will continue its work in collaboration with local hospitals, community organizations, law enforcement and businesses to provide treatment and medical services to those that may not otherwise be able to access care.
Our goals will include the following:
- Increase the number of people who enroll in, or maintain, health care coverage
- Increase access to culturally competent, high quality health care providers and services for the underinsured and uninsured individuals.
- Offer alternative methods to help reduce opioid dependency.
- Offer health screenings to address addiction, dependency, and poor health disparities.
- Provide coalition and steering committee activities to residents of all counties involved.
Click here to like us on Facebook
Community Events: Coming Soon!