Sierra Community Medical Foundation
The Sierra Community Medical Foundation (SCMF) and the Medical Societies, currently reach out to hundreds of people each month in Placer, Nevada, Yuba, Sutter and Colusa Counties. The issues involve opioid dependency, drug possession and usage, medication abuse associated with chronic pain, opioid safety, and health coalition membership. Other services include physician wellness, and most importantly, primary health care. The uninsured and working poor need assistance in getting access to the education of nutrition and prescription medication management. Thus, many of them find their answers off the streets and into residential facilities that assist with the provision of food, shelter, and clothing.
In conjunction with programs that facilitate success in battling the effects of poverty, drugs, and opioid dependency abuse, SCMF will serve individuals, and their families, by providing medical presentations, self-care plans, office visits, coalition meetings, health screenings for both physical and mental status; trainings, prevention and health education. SCMF will continue its work in collaboration with local hospitals, community organizations, legal industry, law enforcement and businesses to provide treatment and medical services to those that may not otherwise be able to access care.
Our goals will include the following:
- Increase the number of people who enroll in, or maintain, health care coverage
- Increase access to culturally competent, high quality health care providers and services for the underinsured and uninsured individuals.
- Offer alternative methods to help reduce opioid dependency.
- Offer health screenings to address addiction, dependency, and poor health disparities.
- Provide coalition and steering committee activities to residents of all counties involved.
Click here to like us on Facebook
Community Events: Coming Soon!